A148 closed for emergency roadworks
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A burst water main has forced the emergency closure of the A148 this morning.
Police said shortly after 8.30am on Friday that the road was closed at West Rudham, between Fakenham and King's Lynn, and that diversion signs had been put in place.
Barriers are in place on the road, where parts of the road surface have already been dug up.
Anglian Water engineers will be on site to carry out repairs to the water main, with the road closed while work is completed.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Drivers heading eastbound are advised to follow a signed diversion route, which takes them along the B1153 past Great Bircham and Bircham Tofts, before turning right on the B1454 until rejoining the A148 at Coxford.
Westbound motorists can follow the same route in reverse.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 8 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 9 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 10 'Feast or famine' - On the frontline in restaurants during Covid