A148 closed for emergency roadworks
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A burst water main has forced the emergency closure of the A148 this morning.
Police said shortly after 8.30am on Friday that the road was closed at West Rudham, between Fakenham and King's Lynn, and that diversion signs had been put in place.
Barriers are in place on the road, where parts of the road surface have already been dug up.
Anglian Water engineers will be on site to carry out repairs to the water main, with the road closed while work is completed.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Drivers heading eastbound are advised to follow a signed diversion route, which takes them along the B1153 past Great Bircham and Bircham Tofts, before turning right on the B1454 until rejoining the A148 at Coxford.
Westbound motorists can follow the same route in reverse.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 6 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests