Footpath in north Norfolk closed for two weeks
- Credit: Google
A footpath in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from today as maintenance work begins.
Paston Way, off Little London Road in North Walsham, will close from today (November 15) to allow contractors to remove and replace two flights of steps and install a handrail.
This is an attempt to create safer and improved access for users of Paston Way.
Due to there being no viable diversion route, while the steps are closed there will be no access to the section of Paston Way near Little London Road.
The improvements are being made in response to concerns from local councillors and visitor feedback.
The work, estimated to cost £8,200, is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and its contractors.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 2 Part of A148 closed due to crash
- 3 Firefighters to scale church for charity
- 4 Property spotlight: Burnham Market cottage on sale for £725k
- 5 WATCH: Dashcam footage shows near miss between deer and two cars
- 6 Obituary: Man, 93, who fell in love with Norfolk after wartime evacuation
- 7 Heritage line’s general manager to retire after 40 years in the rail industry
- 8 Driving ban for man who 'smelt like a pub'
- 9 Traffic tops concerns over planned wind farm expansion
- 10 Tunnel of light appears in Cromer ahead of Christmas lights switch-on