Lines blocked as train breaks down at Norwich station
- Credit: Archant
Disruption at Norwich railway station which saw a number of lines blocked has come to an end.
Greater Anglia said on Wednesday afternoon that an empty train near the Norwich depot had developed a fault, blocking some routes into the station.
Services running to and from Norwich were expected to be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The rail operator added that the faulty train would "need to be rescued".
Among the services cancelled was the 2.57pm from Lowestoft to Norwich, due to arrive in the city at 3.33pm.
Meanwhile, the 3.46pm Sheringham to Norwich service started at Cromer instead, while the 3.48pm Lowestoft to Norwich service was running a few minutes late.
However, Greater Anglia informed passengers at around 3.30pm that disruption had ended.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 4 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 5 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 8 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast