Part of busy road in north Norfolk to close for eight weeks
- Credit: Google Maps
Part of a busy road in north Norfolk is to close for eight weeks as £75,000 drainage work is carried out.
North Walsham Road will be closed from Tuesday, January 4, from Cornish Avenue to Front Street in Trunch, as a junction is resurfaced and a soakaway system is installed in the highway verge.
As work progresses a different section of the road will be closed for five days at a time, with a signed diversion in place.
Access to businesses and properties within the road closure area will be maintained but Norfolk County Council warned that delays may be unavoidable and access will need to be from one end of the closure dependant on where workers are at that time.
Members of the team will be on-site to help residents and business owners.
The work will aim to to help alleviate the ponding water issue along North Walsham Road.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 3 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 8 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 9 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 10 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm