Road closure causing heavy delays following crash near Crostwick
- Credit: Google
Drivers experienced lengthy delays following a crash near Crostwick which caused the road to be closed.
The collision happened at about 5pm on the B1150 North Walsham Road near to the White Horse pub on Monday (June 27).
Norfolk fire service crews were called to the scene at 5.15pm.
Appliances from Sprowston and Earlham attended and provided casualty care and "vehicle stability".
Heavy congestion between the NDR and Horstead has been reported.
In a tweet, Norfolk Police urged drivers to avoid the area due to heavy traffic.
The crash is forcing drivers to take a detour towards Wroxham and Hoveton on the A1151 Wroxham Road where there is currently temporary traffic lights and part of the road is closed due to the emergence of a sinkhole last Wednesday (June 22).
Heavy traffic built up on the A1151 between Rackheath and Wroxham.
- 1 North Norfolk village road bridge to undergo repairs after crash
- 2 Pub plans store and Post Office after village's only shop closes
- 3 Road in north Norfolk reopens after man injured in crash
- 4 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 5 Bin collection days to change for north Norfolk
- 6 Landlord fined £6,000 over excessive cold at rented home
- 7 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 8 Stargazers' excitement builds ahead of Perseid meteor shower
- 9 Heatwave 2022: National Trust calls for climate action as sites dry up
- 10 Mammoth bone cast brought to coastal 'mini-museum'
The road had reopened by 7.45pm.