A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 5 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 6 Bid to replace bungalow near railway line with five new homes refused
- 7 Village pub opens shop to fill lockdown gap
- 8 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 9 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 10 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer