Norfolk morning traffic: A47 reopens after overnight closure
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Norfolk's roads have had a relatively quiet start to Wednesday, with no major problems reported as of 7.30am.
The overnight road closure in one direction on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass - which is creating a 16.5 mile diversion for drivers - was lifted at 6am.
Those closures, from Postwick to Thickthorn, are in place from 8pm until 6am, every day until Friday, May 28.
Drivers are facing delays on the A47 Acle Straight and at the A146 at Framingham Pigot.
Elsewhere, Palace Street in Norwich is partially shut, so that £110,000 of work to fix pavements can be done.
The inbound lane, for traffic heading towards Tombland, is closed for the duration of the works, which started at 6am on Monday and run until Saturday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the road on to the high street in Wymondham remains closed for essential drainage maintenance.
It began on May 3, and is expected to run through until June 9.
- 1 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 2 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 5 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 9 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 10 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
Traffic can still access Market Street as the one-way system on Fairland Hill has been reversed, meaning drivers can avoid the closed part of Fairland Street and still access the town centre.
Overnight road closures of the A11, from the Snetterton junction to Attleborough, from 8pm to 6am, are continuing until Wednesday, June 16.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.