Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers are facing disruption and service cancellations due to problems with signalling.
Replacement buses are en route after a fault with a signalling system near North Walsham, causing some north Norfolk lines to be blocked.
The problem is also disrupting trains on the Sheringham branch lines.
In a tweet by Greater Anglia, on Monday August 2, they wrote: “A signalling problem near #NorthWalsham is disrupting trains on the Sheringham branch line.
“Network Rail are currently on site attempting to fix the issue.
You may also want to watch:
“2 x buses are on route to Norwich. 1 x bus on route to Sheringham ETA 13.30.”
It was followed by another tweet, which said: “Due to a fault with the signalling system at #NorthWalsham, some lines are blocked.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 10 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
“Train services running through this station may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 15:30.”