Signal fault delaying trains in North Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A number of lines that had been blocked in North Norfolk following a signal fault have resumed.
Greater Anglia has reported a number of services may be cancelled, delayed or revised between North Walsham and Cromer on Monday.
No services were running between North Walsham and Sheringham, with a bus replacement service running between the towns.
The defect has been repaired by Network Rail with services resuming, though passengers may see some delays or revisions.
The train operator said: “Due to a signal system fault around the Gunton station area, services will be disrupted.
You may also want to watch:
“Signal system equipment has failed which allows the signaller to see where the trains are on the line. This fault is also affecting Walpole level crossing, where signals are stuck on a red aspect.”
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 3 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 8 'We don't rest on our laurels' - Norfolk restaurants keep Michelin stars
- 9 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 10 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England