Bus cancellations continue amid driver shortage
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk bus cancellations are due to continue this week amid a national shortage of drivers.
First has announced temporary cancellations to a number of journeys on its Network Norwich, Excel D & Coastlink X1 and X2|X22 services while it recruits and trains new drivers.
A full list of affected routes can be found here.
The bus operator said it had analysed passenger data before deciding which journeys to cancel in order to "minimise disruption caused".
A First statement read: "Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause to your journey with us."
Due to the transforming cities project buses will be on diversion around Mile Cross Road from October 18 to 27, and on Riverside in Norwich from October 18 until an unspecified date.
Buses will also be on diversion around Norwich Road in Besthorpe due to flood prevention works on October 18 and 19.
- 1 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 2 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 9 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 10 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown