Delays expected as huge yacht deck to be transported along A47
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads today as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A yacht deck, which is 5.6m wide and 27m in length, will be moved from BM Composites in North Walsham to Southampton.
The journey is scheduled to begin at 9.30am on Thursday (November, 12).
In Norfolk, it will first travel on the B1145, A149, B1152 and A1064.
The abnormal load will then continue on the A47, A11 and A14 until reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 3 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 8 'We don't rest on our laurels' - Norfolk restaurants keep Michelin stars
- 9 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 10 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England