Roof cut off taxi to release people after A140 crash with lorry
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Rescuers cut off the roof of a taxi to release people stuck inside after it was involved in a crash with a lorry.
Police confirmed a taxi and a lorry were involved in the crash on the A140 on Tuesday morning.
Part of the road is currently closed in both directions at Aylsham.
A police spokesperson said: "One of the occupants of the taxi is being treated by ambulance."
Fire crews from North Walsham, Aylsham and Carrow were also called to the scene, where they used hydraulic equipment to rescue people from the taxi.
You may also want to watch:
Road diversions are in place close to the Banningham turn-off, police said.
"Drive with care and seek alternative routes," the force added on Twitter.
- 1 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 2 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 4 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 5 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 6 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 7 Mementoes from 2021 buried in time capsule at new pool
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Council's holiday let sell off after failing to make enough money
- 10 School's dinner lady retires after almost 50 years
Emergency services continue to deal with the incident.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.