Driver taken to hospital after crash which closed A140
- Credit: Archant
The A140 was closed in both directions on Monday morning after a crash in the early hours.
Police were called to the road at Alby with Thwaite, between Aylsham and Cromer in north Norfolk at 4.25am.
Fire crews from Aylsham and Cromer also called to the scene.
A Ford Mondeo and a Ford Fiesta were involved, with the driver of the latter sustaining injuries which required hospital treatment.
The road was closed in both directions while the cars were recovered, with drivers advised to use an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness at the scene said cars were diverting via Aldborough heading towards Norwich.
Sanders Coaches said there would be minor delays to its X40 and X44 services, as well as its A/C bus to Norwich City College, while the A140 was closed.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 5 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
The road reopened at 7.30am.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.