Driver taken to hospital after crash which closed A140
- Credit: Archant
The A140 was closed in both directions on Monday morning after a crash in the early hours.
Police were called to the road at Alby with Thwaite, between Aylsham and Cromer in north Norfolk at 4.25am.
Fire crews from Aylsham and Cromer also called to the scene.
A Ford Mondeo and a Ford Fiesta were involved, with the driver of the latter sustaining injuries which required hospital treatment.
The road was closed in both directions while the cars were recovered, with drivers advised to use an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness at the scene said cars were diverting via Aldborough heading towards Norwich.
Sanders Coaches said there would be minor delays to its X40 and X44 services, as well as its A/C bus to Norwich City College, while the A140 was closed.
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 7 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
The road reopened at 7.30am.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.