Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- Credit: Google Maps
Drivers could face long delays on part of the A149 due to road resurfacing.
Work will begin on Monday, September 27, on the A149 Yarmouth Road at Stalham to provide a “permanent reinstatement to a water utility trench on this strategic route”.
The work will commence at 9am and will take one day to complete, subject to suitable weather conditions.
The site is located between The Staithe and Old Market Road.
During the resurfacing works traffic will be controlled using temporary traffic signals with a convoy system.
Vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: “Thank you for your patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out.”
- 1 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 6 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 7 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 8 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
The work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community & Environmental Services Department and its contractors on behalf of Anglian Water.