Toyah and Georgie Fame among early highlights announced for Holt Festival 2019
- Credit: Archant
Punk princess Toyah and music legend Georgie Fame are among the first highlights announced for the Holt Festival 2019.
Now in its 11th year, it's one of the East of England's most anticipated events and attracts visitors from near and far.
Each July the festival, whose media partners are the Eastern Daily Press and North Norfolk News, sets the Georgian country town alight with performers, musicians, art exhibitions and literary events.
The early announcements include two music stars with many weeks in the charts between them.
While Toyah is well known these days for her TV, film and theatre acting, it's her music that takes centre-stage in Holt. This year is her 40th as a top music draw and she's bringing her full electric band for a special show.
You may also want to watch:
Georgie Fame's show is one of a very select number of UK tour dates. His impressive array of hit singles include the number 1's Yeh Yeh, Get Away and The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde.
Other highlights include MOBO award winners and Mercury Music Prize nominees Kairos4T, the Britten Oboe Quartet, and musical comedy sisters Flo & Joan.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
Meanwhile, poet and theatre-maker Luke Wright is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his first ever gig with an extensive national tour of Luke Wright, Poet Laureate.
Author's talks are always a popular part of the festival bill and the first to be announced is international best-selling novelist Kate Mosse.
New Holt Festival artistic director Anwen Hurt said: 'I think we're giving just a taste of the range, depth and variety that will be on offer when we announce the full line-up at the end of April.
'With MOBO and Fringe First award-winners in the line-up, big names like Toyah, Kate Mosse and Georgie Fame alongside performers from the region making a name for themselves on the national stage, I think we are on the right track.'
The 2019 Holt Festival runs from July 21 – 27 July. Tickets for the early shows go on sale to Friends, Ambassadors and Sponsors at 9am on March 8, then on general sale on March 22. Box-office: 01603 598699 or online at www.holtfestival.org