Town’s Post Office to close for two weeks for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Post Office is to close for two weeks in January for refurbishment works aimed at turning it into a 'main' branch.
The High Street Post Office will be shut from January 9 to 22 for the works, and afterwards services will be provided from three counters - full-screened and two open-plan.
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office area manager, said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
'This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
The refurbished Post Office branch will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend