Town’s Post Office to close for two weeks for refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Sheringham Post Office is to close for two weeks in January for refurbishment works aimed at turning it into a 'main' branch.
The High Street Post Office will be shut from January 9 to 22 for the works, and afterwards services will be provided from three counters - full-screened and two open-plan.
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office area manager, said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
'This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
The refurbished Post Office branch will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed