Tourism showcase bucks the recession
A showcase of tourism in North Norfolk is bucking the recession and attracting healthy numbers of stands and visitors.The one-day trade show North Norfolk - Simply Outstanding event later this month will feature more than 50 exhibitors from attractions to food producers.
A showcase of tourism in North Norfolk is bucking the recession and attracting healthy numbers of stands and visitors.
The one-day trade show North Norfolk - Simply Outstanding event later this month will feature more than 50 exhibitors from attractions to food producers.
And more than 400 tourism based businesses have registered to attend.
Chairman of the local Tourism Round Table, David Hunter, said: 'I am delighted at the way the event has been received. It goes to show that despite the threat of recession tourism businesses in and around the area are confident and looking forward to a busy season.'
You may also want to watch:
At a recent conference of the British Holiday and Home Parks Association in Blackpool delegates were reporting an increase of bookings of between 20pc and 30pc across the UK.
Locally David Attew of Deer's Glade Caravan and Camping Park is equally confident. At a recent Tourism Round Table meeting he reported a high and positive level of bookings for the coming year.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
This same confidence in bookings was reported by other members of the committee and generally it was felt that this year would be a positive one for tourism, added spokesman Bruce Stratton.
North Norfolk Simply Outstanding is being held at Gresham's School, Holt on Thursday March 26 from 10am and 4pm. Registration details are available from Mr Stratton at CTIS by phoning 01263 515900 or by e-mailing email@example.com