Tourism showcase bucks the recession
A showcase of tourism in North Norfolk is bucking the recession and attracting healthy numbers of stands and visitors.The one-day trade show North Norfolk - Simply Outstanding event later this month will feature more than 50 exhibitors from attractions to food producers.
A showcase of tourism in North Norfolk is bucking the recession and attracting healthy numbers of stands and visitors.
The one-day trade show North Norfolk - Simply Outstanding event later this month will feature more than 50 exhibitors from attractions to food producers.
And more than 400 tourism based businesses have registered to attend.
Chairman of the local Tourism Round Table, David Hunter, said: 'I am delighted at the way the event has been received. It goes to show that despite the threat of recession tourism businesses in and around the area are confident and looking forward to a busy season.'
You may also want to watch:
At a recent conference of the British Holiday and Home Parks Association in Blackpool delegates were reporting an increase of bookings of between 20pc and 30pc across the UK.
Locally David Attew of Deer's Glade Caravan and Camping Park is equally confident. At a recent Tourism Round Table meeting he reported a high and positive level of bookings for the coming year.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
This same confidence in bookings was reported by other members of the committee and generally it was felt that this year would be a positive one for tourism, added spokesman Bruce Stratton.
North Norfolk Simply Outstanding is being held at Gresham's School, Holt on Thursday March 26 from 10am and 4pm. Registration details are available from Mr Stratton at CTIS by phoning 01263 515900 or by e-mailing email@example.com