Joy as Norfolk walking holiday firm named among country’s best
- Credit: Jason Bye
A company from north Norfolk has been named one of the best rural businesses in the country after winning a regional rural business award.
MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays, based in Colby, won a best rural tourism business prize at the east regional finals of the Rural Business Awards, and will now go onto national awards in Manchester in February.
Gin Wilson-North, from MarGins, said: "We couldn't be more proud to bring this award back to Norfolk. We absolutely love enabling guests to enjoy our beautiful coastline and making magical memories.
"It was an absolute honour to have been shortlisted amongst such prestigious rural businesses, so to hear our name read out as the overall winner was simply amazing."
She said MarGins was "a small business located along the Norfolk Coast Path enabling guests to immerse themselves in walking the National Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty, by setting up their glamping accommodation and transporting their luggage along the way."
You may also want to watch:
She and her husband Mark started the business after being inspired by an 84-mile trek along Hadrian's Wall in 2016.
The awards were held at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen