Joy as Norfolk walking holiday firm named among country’s best
- Credit: Jason Bye
A company from north Norfolk has been named one of the best rural businesses in the country after winning a regional rural business award.
MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays, based in Colby, won a best rural tourism business prize at the east regional finals of the Rural Business Awards, and will now go onto national awards in Manchester in February.
Gin Wilson-North, from MarGins, said: "We couldn't be more proud to bring this award back to Norfolk. We absolutely love enabling guests to enjoy our beautiful coastline and making magical memories.
"It was an absolute honour to have been shortlisted amongst such prestigious rural businesses, so to hear our name read out as the overall winner was simply amazing."
She said MarGins was "a small business located along the Norfolk Coast Path enabling guests to immerse themselves in walking the National Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty, by setting up their glamping accommodation and transporting their luggage along the way."
She and her husband Mark started the business after being inspired by an 84-mile trek along Hadrian's Wall in 2016.
The awards were held at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
- 1 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 2 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 3 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 4 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 7 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 8 Scarlett-Rose gets the chop for children's charity
- 9 Christmas service returns to crematorium
- 10 Review: Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer