Joy as Norfolk walking holiday firm named among country’s best
- Credit: Jason Bye
A company from north Norfolk has been named one of the best rural businesses in the country after winning a regional rural business award.
MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays, based in Colby, won a best rural tourism business prize at the east regional finals of the Rural Business Awards, and will now go onto national awards in Manchester in February.
Gin Wilson-North, from MarGins, said: "We couldn't be more proud to bring this award back to Norfolk. We absolutely love enabling guests to enjoy our beautiful coastline and making magical memories.
"It was an absolute honour to have been shortlisted amongst such prestigious rural businesses, so to hear our name read out as the overall winner was simply amazing."
She said MarGins was "a small business located along the Norfolk Coast Path enabling guests to immerse themselves in walking the National Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty, by setting up their glamping accommodation and transporting their luggage along the way."
You may also want to watch:
She and her husband Mark started the business after being inspired by an 84-mile trek along Hadrian's Wall in 2016.
The awards were held at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?