Joy as Norfolk walking holiday firm named among country’s best
- Credit: Jason Bye
A company from north Norfolk has been named one of the best rural businesses in the country after winning a regional rural business award.
MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays, based in Colby, won a best rural tourism business prize at the east regional finals of the Rural Business Awards, and will now go onto national awards in Manchester in February.
Gin Wilson-North, from MarGins, said: "We couldn't be more proud to bring this award back to Norfolk. We absolutely love enabling guests to enjoy our beautiful coastline and making magical memories.
"It was an absolute honour to have been shortlisted amongst such prestigious rural businesses, so to hear our name read out as the overall winner was simply amazing."
She said MarGins was "a small business located along the Norfolk Coast Path enabling guests to immerse themselves in walking the National Trail, an area of outstanding natural beauty, by setting up their glamping accommodation and transporting their luggage along the way."
You may also want to watch:
She and her husband Mark started the business after being inspired by an 84-mile trek along Hadrian's Wall in 2016.
The awards were held at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'