Top marks for new Northrepps pre-school
A new pre-school is celebrating getting some top grade 'outstanding' rankings from Ofsted inspectors.
Northrepps Pre-School which operates from a self-contained annexe at the village primary school is attended by 16 children.
Ofsted inspector Lindsey Cullum, who visited in May, gave the school 15 grade two 'good' rankings and two grade one outstanding ones - for effective partnerships and engagement with parents and carers.
The pre-school which opened at the end of November last year, was also praised for enabling youngsters to make good progress in their learning and development.
There was a welcoming environment, and an interesting range of activities indoors and outside. Staff were said to be caring, enthusiastic, and responsive to children's needs. A strong management team had made considerable improvements since it started, including developing the outside area.
You may also want to watch:
Partnerships with parents, other professionals and the main school were excellent.
Reacting to the report pre-school manager Chloe Prigmore said: 'I am very proud of the team and our well-deserved Ofsted report. We have worked very hard to make Northrepps Pre-School into a happy, stimulating, thriving, quality setting and I know it will continue to go from strength to strength.'
- 1 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 2 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 3 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 6 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Firms sought for new industrial units
- 10 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
The unit currently offered funded places for three and four-year-olds but was hoping to be able to offer places for two-year-olds from September following the Ofsted report.
For more information call 01263 579396 or visit www.northrepps.norfolk.sch.uk/preschool.html