Top marks for new Northrepps pre-school
A new pre-school is celebrating getting some top grade 'outstanding' rankings from Ofsted inspectors.
Northrepps Pre-School which operates from a self-contained annexe at the village primary school is attended by 16 children.
Ofsted inspector Lindsey Cullum, who visited in May, gave the school 15 grade two 'good' rankings and two grade one outstanding ones - for effective partnerships and engagement with parents and carers.
The pre-school which opened at the end of November last year, was also praised for enabling youngsters to make good progress in their learning and development.
There was a welcoming environment, and an interesting range of activities indoors and outside. Staff were said to be caring, enthusiastic, and responsive to children's needs. A strong management team had made considerable improvements since it started, including developing the outside area.
Partnerships with parents, other professionals and the main school were excellent.
Reacting to the report pre-school manager Chloe Prigmore said: 'I am very proud of the team and our well-deserved Ofsted report. We have worked very hard to make Northrepps Pre-School into a happy, stimulating, thriving, quality setting and I know it will continue to go from strength to strength.'
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 3 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 5 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 6 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 7 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 8 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 9 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 10 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
The unit currently offered funded places for three and four-year-olds but was hoping to be able to offer places for two-year-olds from September following the Ofsted report.
For more information call 01263 579396 or visit www.northrepps.norfolk.sch.uk/preschool.html