Top chef to visit north Norfolk for masterclass
A top television chef is set to visit north Norfolk to host a cookery masterclass.
Tom Kerridge, who was a finalist in this year's BBC Great British Menu, will be conducting a meat masterclass at The David Adlard Cookery School, based at The Walpole Arms in Itteringham, on Tuesday, November 30.
The masterclass will give keen amateur cooks the chance to learn about seasonal cuts of lamb, beef and pork. The day is hands-on, and participants will cook a number of dishes under Mr Kerridge's tuition.
Richard Bryan, the former Masterchef producer who manages the David Adlard Cookery School, said, 'We are very lucky to get Tom to come to Norfolk to run a course, and it is going to be a very special day. Anyone who is interested in cooking meat will jump at the chance to learn from one of the masters.'
This year Mr Kerridge, who was a former head chef at Adlards in Norwich, was the winner of the main course category in the BBC programme The Great British Menu, presenting a dish of slow-cooked Aylesbury duck with crispy duck leg and duck fat chips at a banquet for 100 people hosted by the Prince of Wales.
You may also want to watch:
There are still a couple of places left on the course, which is limited to 12 participants.
The full-day course costs �175, including all ingredients, lunch with wine and a booklet containing all the day's recipes.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 4 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 5 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
For full details, and to book, log on to www.davidadlardcookeryschool.co.uk, or call 01263 587258.