Serious crash involving three vehicles on A149 closes road
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles were involved in a 'serious collision' on the A149 near North Walsham.
A Norfolk police spokesman said they were called to the accident, near the Withergate junction, at about 8.40am today.
The ambulance and fire services were called and emergency services are still on scene.
The road is expected to be closed for some time, police said, and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Fire crews attended from North Walsham and Mundesley, and crews used hydraulic rescue equipment to release persons trapped and made the scene safe.
You may also want to watch:
There is a diversion in place via Field Lane and you can get back on to the road at the Yarmouth Road junction.
• Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
EARLIER UPDATE: Police confirmed that one person sadly died at the scene of the crash. Read the full update here.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival