Three people arrested after hay bale fires
- Credit: Ian Burt
Three people have been arrested following hay bale fires in north Norfolk.
A number of straw bales were set alight at a farm in Felmingham, near North Walsham, between about 11pm on Monday, March 2 and 8.15am on Tuesday, March 3.
A second incident happened between about 6pm on Sunday, March 1 and 6.45pm on Monday, March 2. Hay bales at a farm in North Barningham were set alight and a fence was cut enabling pigs to escape.
A final incident occurred at a farm in Aylsham Road, North Walsham in the early hours of Wednesday, March 4. Suspects set alight hay bales between 5am and 6.15am.
Two men in their 20s and a woman in her late teens have been arrested in connection with the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Both men are being questioned at Aylsham police investigation centre. The woman has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?