New festival in Norfolk promising "Instaworthy" experience
- Credit: The Picnic
A new festival combining an impressive mix of music, dance, performance and cinema set in the grounds of a stately home is coming to North Norfolk this summer.
For 10 days this June, Holkham Hall, will play host to The Picnic.
The brand new event for 2021 promises audiences a "creative concept that delivers on line-up, event styling and food" while maintaining a sustainable focus all of which is "Instaworthy."
Taking place from June 17-27, the festival will kick off with a performance from blues pianist and vocalist Tom Seals on June 17, followed by performances from artists including Urban Soul Orchestra on June 19 and Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance on June 21.
On June 23, Wilderland Festival will showcase a selection of wildlife films, on June 26 Holkham park will be filled with the sound of music by Musicals in the Park and the event will close with gospel from Mabel Maie and Ed Enoch on June 27.
Festival-goers will be able to choose from a pergola or picnic spot from which to enjoy the entertainment and will be able to graze from a menu of "handmade and carefully crafted" hampers featuring fresh seasonal produce all of which are included in the ticket price.
Lucy Downing, head of marketing at Holkham, said: “After the year we’ve all experienced, The Picnic will provide everyone with the much-needed tonic of getting together with loved ones to enjoy a brilliant day or evening out.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
"We hope 2021 marks the first of many years when locals and visitors alike will be able to roll into summer in style with a visit to The Picnic at Holkham.”
Francesca Nally, the owner of Midsummer Nightcap, which is behind the event, said: “We are so excited to be bringing The Picnic to Holkham this summer. We couldn’t have dreamed up a more idyllic venue, hidden away with the majestic Temple as our backdrop, wildlife, and the stunning grounds with the beach just a stone's throw away – the perfect setting for our first event."
Tickets for The Picnic go on general release from Monday, May 24. Ticket prices vary depending on the day and session time but start from £35 for an adult.
For more information and the full line-up visit: thepicnic.com