Chef's sauce brand now stocked in 15 Norfolk shops with plans for jams
- Credit: Supplied
A Norfolk chef is enjoying sweet success as his sauce business moves into a permanent premises, with plans to launch jams too.
Ben Andrew, 44, from Worstead, owns The One Food Company and it launched four years ago.
He had been working at the Station Smokehouse in Wroxham and was inspired to create a smoked chilli and beetroot sauce as his young sons Tom and Jack disliked ketchup.
After it went down a storm he decided to launch a business and he now does it full-time.
There are five varieties available, including New Zealand-inspired breakfast sauce The Blak One in collaboration with top London chef Matthew Burgess.
They can be bought online and from 15 stockists in Norfolk and a couple in Suffolk, including St Giles Pantry in Norwich and Earsham Street Deli in Bungay.
Crush Foods take care of the wholesale side and both businesses will soon be neighbours as The One Food Company is moving to Park Farm in Salle.
- 1 Community cafe closes six weeks after opening
- 2 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 3 New garden centre shop to open within days
- 4 Fundraising drive for Norfolk's damaged pyramid planned
- 5 The dig shedding light on Norfolk's Roman past
- 6 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 7 Three-car crash in north Norfolk closes road
- 8 Incredible aerial photographs capture Norfolk's crystal clear waters
- 9 What is saltwater toxicity and why is it dangerous for your dog?
- 10 Aeroplane goes into inverted spin after midair damage
With Mindful Mixology and Candi's Chutney also based there, the farm is becoming a independent business hub.
Mr Andrew said: "We are now going full steam ahead with plans for jams, spice rubs and falafel mixes in the next few months."