Broads pub taking part in the World’s Largest Charity Pub Quiz
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A family pub in the Norfolk Broads is taking part in the World's Largest Charity Pub Quiz.
Pubs, clubs and bars across the UK will participate in the event between March 4-8 to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK and other good causes.
The New Inn in Horning is holding the quiz at 8pm on Thursday, March 8.
A pub spokesman said: 'All monies earned from the quiz will be donated to our chosen charity, Norwich Samaritans. Raffle and cash prizes all donated by The New Inn, Horning. Come along and please spread the word.'
The quiz is organised by a group of volunteers from PubAid, all of whom work or have strong connections to the pub trade.
Mark Stockley took over the New Inn with wife Kim in June 2014, and they have masterminded its turnaround.
The New Inn will not be holding its normal pub quiz on Friday, March 9.
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?