Broads pub taking part in the World’s Largest Charity Pub Quiz
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A family pub in the Norfolk Broads is taking part in the World's Largest Charity Pub Quiz.
Pubs, clubs and bars across the UK will participate in the event between March 4-8 to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK and other good causes.
The New Inn in Horning is holding the quiz at 8pm on Thursday, March 8.
A pub spokesman said: 'All monies earned from the quiz will be donated to our chosen charity, Norwich Samaritans. Raffle and cash prizes all donated by The New Inn, Horning. Come along and please spread the word.'
The quiz is organised by a group of volunteers from PubAid, all of whom work or have strong connections to the pub trade.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Stockley took over the New Inn with wife Kim in June 2014, and they have masterminded its turnaround.
The New Inn will not be holding its normal pub quiz on Friday, March 9.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed