Food tasting a special treat for Norfolk children during China Day
- Credit: Archant
The Chinese New Year was celebrated in style at Millfield Primary School in North Walsham.
The whole school took part in China Day, which saw the children celebrating the traditions, culture and delights of the Orient.
Each class spent the day making Chinese lanterns, paper dragons, Chinese inspired art and the children's favourite, food tasting.
Millfield welcomed four Chinese students from the UEA, Janice Wang, Lana Li, Even Fang and Jane Young, who taught the children a selection of Chinese words.
Madeline Wicks, in year five, said: 'I loved the day. It was really fun to have a Chinese person teach us the language.'
The parents were later invited into the hall to see their children's creative displays and sample some Chinese food, which was cooked and donated by the town's Great Wall takeaway.
Evie Blyth, in year two, said: 'I enjoyed the food tasting because I like trying new things.'
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 3 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 4 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 5 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 6 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 7 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres