Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- Credit: MARK BULLIMORE
Beer and gin lovers will be raising a glass of their favourite tipple to welcome back an annual festival that was cancelled last year due to the pandemic.
The Aylsham Beer and Gin Festival will take place September 10-12 in new venue - the town hall - having previously been held at the Aylsham Old Cinema.
Nick Swales, secretary of the Aylsham Round Table, which runs the event, said: "It's looking as though we are starting to get back to a little bit of normality and we are hoping the event will be a date in the diary for people to look forward to.
"The round table are hoping this great charitable event will be well received by the town of Aylsham and its surrounding towns and villages."
The festival was launched in 2004 with just five beers. Now visitors can choose between dozens of different libations while enjoying live music.
You may also want to watch:
The main sponsor of the festival, which raises money for charity, is MacKinnon Construction, but the Round Table is looking for more local businesses to sponsor a barrel.
Visit aylshamroundtable.co.uk for more.
- 1 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 2 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 3 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 7 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 8 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm