Television star meets Stalham slimmers
Television star Justin Lee Collins was on hand to meet and greet two women who run a north Norfolk slimming group.
Ruth Sutton and Deena Nicholson who run classes at Stalham High School every Wednesday, cuddled up to the comedian at Slimming World's annual awards ceremony in Birmingham.
Mr Collins, who is best known for presenting television shows including The Sunday Night Project, Justin Lee Collins: Good Times and the Bring Back… series, joined Slimming World's founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE to host the ceremony.
He said: 'I know only too well that slimming isn't easy. Having a great support network around you makes all the difference. Having met Ruth and Deena I think people in Stalham are incredibly lucky to have their Slimming World groups on their doorstep.'
Ms Sutton added: 'Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what's been another amazing year for Slimming World.
You may also want to watch:
'At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down and shape up, and we'd love anyone who wants to make their New Year's resolution a reality to come join us at one of our Slimming World groups.'
The pair also run Slimming World groups at Bure Room, Acle every Thursday and Thorpe End Village Hall in Thorpe End, Norwich.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 10 'Feel the magic of Christmas' - hotel opens winter wonderland
For more information about the classes, contact Ruth Sutton on 01603 211468 or Deena Nicholson on 01692 672155, or visit www.slimmingworld.com.