Teenage girl hurt in collision with car
A teenage girl was taken to hospital after being struck by a car in high winds.The accident happened during gale force conditions at the seafront at Walcott, near North Walsham at around 5pm on Sunday.
A teenage girl was taken to hospital after being struck by a car in high winds.
The accident happened during gale force conditions at the seafront at Walcott, near North Walsham at around 5pm on Sunday. The 15-year-old was struck by a silver Astra and was taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precautionary measure.
Strong winds and storms swept across North Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the girl was conscious and breathing at the scene, but it was not clear what had caused the accident nor whether the winds had blown her in to the path of the car.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 4 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 5 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 6 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 7 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 10 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June