Teenage girl hurt in collision with car
A teenage girl was taken to hospital after being struck by a car in high winds.The accident happened during gale force conditions at the seafront at Walcott, near North Walsham at around 5pm on Sunday.
A teenage girl was taken to hospital after being struck by a car in high winds.
The accident happened during gale force conditions at the seafront at Walcott, near North Walsham at around 5pm on Sunday. The 15-year-old was struck by a silver Astra and was taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precautionary measure.
Strong winds and storms swept across North Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the girl was conscious and breathing at the scene, but it was not clear what had caused the accident nor whether the winds had blown her in to the path of the car.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'