Team to take the plunge ahead of cross-Channel swim
- Credit: Archant
A group of youngsters will take the plunge into the North Sea this weekend in preparation for a much greater challenge.
The group of six from Leicestershire are planning to swim off Cromer on May 17-18 to train to cross the English Channel, in order to raise money for the spinal chord injury charity Aspire.
Among them is 15-year-old Charlie Goddard, who said: "I really want to make a difference to the lives of those who suffer such awful injuries and at the same time, take on this massive challenge.
"We will each swim for one hour and repeat in order until we reach France - being on the boat at a swimmer's pace and remaining in one piece may be more of a challenge than the actual swim."
Charlie's aunt, Ros Milman, said Cromer was a popular training ground with cross-Channel swimmers as the tidal conditions there were similar.
To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlie-goddardlnsc6.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck