Take a selfie and win a cash prize in new competition
- Credit: Archant
A new Sheringham Carnival competition is offering people the chance to win a cash prize just by taking a selfie.
Participants must take the picture next to a street sign in the town while striking a pose that reflects the street name.
Contestants are urged to dress up, pose with friends or use props. Judging will be on August 5 and there is no limit to the number of times people can enter. There will be a cash prize of £25 for the best one.
Suggestions for street names include Abbey Road, if there are four of you and you like the Beatles, or Hastings Lane, if you wish to remember 1066.
Sheringham Carnival runs from Saturday, July 28 to Sunday, August 5, but there will be events throughout the year, with dates announced when confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, simply post your photos on your, or a parent's Facebook, using the hashtag #sheringhamselfiestreet.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village