Swoop on North Walsham vehicles
An uninsured car was seized and 71 vehicles stopped during a clampdown at North Walsham.
Police from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team teamed up with partner agencies, including vehicle licensing and customs officers to carry out vehicle checks.
Three drivers were issued with endorsable tickets, and four for non-endorsable offences, including an expired MOT and displaying incorrect number plates on trailers
Twelve motorists were given advice over the condition of their vehicles and tachograph offences
Half a dozen prohibition orders were issued meaning vehicles cannot be driven until defects have been repaired.
Customs and Excise dipped the tanks of 38 vehicles for red diesel, and one sample was sent away for further analysis.
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham SNT said: 'This was another successful operation working together with partner agencies.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 5 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 6 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 10 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
'Operations such as this not only help to reassure members of the public but demonstrate that we will not tolerate dangerous vehicles and drink or dangerous driving and that action will be taken against offenders.'
To contact North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com