Swoop on North Walsham vehicles
An uninsured car was seized and 71 vehicles stopped during a clampdown at North Walsham.
Police from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team teamed up with partner agencies, including vehicle licensing and customs officers to carry out vehicle checks.
Three drivers were issued with endorsable tickets, and four for non-endorsable offences, including an expired MOT and displaying incorrect number plates on trailers
Twelve motorists were given advice over the condition of their vehicles and tachograph offences
Half a dozen prohibition orders were issued meaning vehicles cannot be driven until defects have been repaired.
You may also want to watch:
Customs and Excise dipped the tanks of 38 vehicles for red diesel, and one sample was sent away for further analysis.
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham SNT said: 'This was another successful operation working together with partner agencies.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
'Operations such as this not only help to reassure members of the public but demonstrate that we will not tolerate dangerous vehicles and drink or dangerous driving and that action will be taken against offenders.'
To contact North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org