Swoop on North Walsham vehicles
An uninsured car was seized and 71 vehicles stopped during a clampdown at North Walsham.
Police from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team teamed up with partner agencies, including vehicle licensing and customs officers to carry out vehicle checks.
Three drivers were issued with endorsable tickets, and four for non-endorsable offences, including an expired MOT and displaying incorrect number plates on trailers
Twelve motorists were given advice over the condition of their vehicles and tachograph offences
Half a dozen prohibition orders were issued meaning vehicles cannot be driven until defects have been repaired.
You may also want to watch:
Customs and Excise dipped the tanks of 38 vehicles for red diesel, and one sample was sent away for further analysis.
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham SNT said: 'This was another successful operation working together with partner agencies.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 9 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 10 Climate and planning among new councillors' priorities
'Operations such as this not only help to reassure members of the public but demonstrate that we will not tolerate dangerous vehicles and drink or dangerous driving and that action will be taken against offenders.'
To contact North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org