Swoop on North Walsham vehicles
An uninsured car was seized and 71 vehicles stopped during a clampdown at North Walsham.
Police from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team teamed up with partner agencies, including vehicle licensing and customs officers to carry out vehicle checks.
Three drivers were issued with endorsable tickets, and four for non-endorsable offences, including an expired MOT and displaying incorrect number plates on trailers
Twelve motorists were given advice over the condition of their vehicles and tachograph offences
Half a dozen prohibition orders were issued meaning vehicles cannot be driven until defects have been repaired.
You may also want to watch:
Customs and Excise dipped the tanks of 38 vehicles for red diesel, and one sample was sent away for further analysis.
Sgt Kersty Brooks, from the North Walsham SNT said: 'This was another successful operation working together with partner agencies.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 3 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 8 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
'Operations such as this not only help to reassure members of the public but demonstrate that we will not tolerate dangerous vehicles and drink or dangerous driving and that action will be taken against offenders.'
To contact North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com