Switch-on to lighten up new-look chapel in Lessingham
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb was invited to a refurbished methodist chapel to switch on their Christmas tree lights.
The Lessingham Methodist chapel celebrated the completion of a £55,000 makeover earlier this year, after a five-year project was realised.
The idea was an initial vision of the church council and supported by the then minister Revd Pat Olivent-Hayes, who felt their chapel should be used more by the local community.
However it was not fit for purpose, due to a leaking roof, rotten floor boards, and dull and dark pews which needed to be removed in order to replace the floor and brighten up the interior to encourage a bigger congregation of all ages, to use and enjoy.
In June, the Forget Me Not Club was founded at the chapel and Mr Lamb officially opened the facilities for people living with dementia and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
Lay pastor Ros Peedle and her team of supporters helped raise the funds for the renovations and look forward to a successful future.
She said: 'We are so proud and grateful to all those that helped our dream come true.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
'The wide range of activities with specially trained volunteers, a new style and practical kitchen and always a warm welcome.'. She added that there were a few available places for members and carers.
For more information call 01692 405591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.