Swimming pool to remain closed during half-term after storm damage
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre's swimming pool will remain closed at half-term after a roof panel fell off during last weekend's storm damage.
The swimming pool at Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham was forced to shut after the incident, which happened at 11am on Sunday, February 9.
A spokesman for North Norfolk District Council said: "The Splash pool will remain closed for at least another week. Other facilities on the site will remain open as normal.
"We apologise for the inconvenience this closure will case many families and regular users of the pool, especially as it comes at half-term.
"Our priority is always the safety of the staff and public who use Splash. As this is an ageing facility we have commissioned a full survey to assess and ensure the structural integrity of the pool roof prior to commencing repairs. We anticipate this survey will be conducted in the coming few days."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’