Students return to North Walsham High School for special evening
- Credit: Archant
Successful GCSE students returned to North Walsham High School (NWHS) for a special awards evening.
Last year's Year 11 students, watched by parents, families and friends, received their GCSE certificates after delivering a 15pc improvement in the key pass rate in English and maths compared with the previous year's cohort.
Twenty-eight prizes were also awarded for excellence and outstanding progress in individual subjects.
Joint winners of the Headteacher Award for Academic Excellence were Mariusz Lizinski and Clara Lynch, while the Deputy Headteacher Award for Most Improved Student went to Meredith Bonham. The Chair of Governors award for Greatest Contribution to NWHS Ethos and Values was awarded to Summer Waugh.
Chris Lee, a former NWHS student, who now serves in the 7th Squadron of the RAF, which supports special forces, was guest speaker alongside Emily Jupp, creator of the famous Milly J Shoes brand, and a student mentor at the school.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 4 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 5 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 6 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 7 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road