Students return to North Walsham High School for special evening
- Credit: Archant
Successful GCSE students returned to North Walsham High School (NWHS) for a special awards evening.
Last year's Year 11 students, watched by parents, families and friends, received their GCSE certificates after delivering a 15pc improvement in the key pass rate in English and maths compared with the previous year's cohort.
Twenty-eight prizes were also awarded for excellence and outstanding progress in individual subjects.
Joint winners of the Headteacher Award for Academic Excellence were Mariusz Lizinski and Clara Lynch, while the Deputy Headteacher Award for Most Improved Student went to Meredith Bonham. The Chair of Governors award for Greatest Contribution to NWHS Ethos and Values was awarded to Summer Waugh.
Chris Lee, a former NWHS student, who now serves in the 7th Squadron of the RAF, which supports special forces, was guest speaker alongside Emily Jupp, creator of the famous Milly J Shoes brand, and a student mentor at the school.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 8 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 9 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck