Students return to North Walsham High School for special evening
- Credit: Archant
Successful GCSE students returned to North Walsham High School (NWHS) for a special awards evening.
Last year's Year 11 students, watched by parents, families and friends, received their GCSE certificates after delivering a 15pc improvement in the key pass rate in English and maths compared with the previous year's cohort.
Twenty-eight prizes were also awarded for excellence and outstanding progress in individual subjects.
Joint winners of the Headteacher Award for Academic Excellence were Mariusz Lizinski and Clara Lynch, while the Deputy Headteacher Award for Most Improved Student went to Meredith Bonham. The Chair of Governors award for Greatest Contribution to NWHS Ethos and Values was awarded to Summer Waugh.
Chris Lee, a former NWHS student, who now serves in the 7th Squadron of the RAF, which supports special forces, was guest speaker alongside Emily Jupp, creator of the famous Milly J Shoes brand, and a student mentor at the school.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser