Volunteers needed to help pour a cup of kindness at open garden event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk beauty spot is looking for kind-hearted volunteers willing to give up a few hours to help raise funds for the British Red Cross.
Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, will be opening its gates to the public on May 23 and 24 to host a Red Cross tea party, and organisers are appealing to local people to help man the kitchen and car park.
Paul Fleet, who is British Red Cross senior community fundraiser for Norfolk and Suffolk said: 'The British Red Cross is very well known for being an international charity, but we do many things in Norfolk, such as first aid tuition, emergency response and the hire of mobility aids that you cannot get on the NHS.'
Thanking the Stody estate, he added: 'Obviously, the more volunteers we have, the easier it will be for us, so any support would be appreciated.'
Anyone who can spare a few hours to help can phone Mr Fleet on 01603 253412, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Stody Lodge Gardens, including opening times, visit www.stodyestate.co.uk
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck