Businesses still have time to enter awards and win a trophy
- Credit: Archant
Businesses get to showcase their staff and successes in an annual competition that celebrates the best a region can offer.
There are eight categories in the North Norfolk Business Awards, which are organised by North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) and supported by the North Norfolk News and the Fakenham and Wells Times.
The 2018 awards, which were held in February, saw scores of entries, and the number of categories has been increased to eight with the introduction of a Small Business award.
Sarah Butikofer, Leader of NNDC and Leader of the Lib Dem Group at the council, said: 'There are so many fantastic businesses across the district, and these awards allow us to shine the spotlight on them.
'It takes only a few minutes to submit an entry, and it gives businesses the opportunity to shout about their successes, their employees and their growth – and, of course, the chance to pick up a trophy on the night.'
You may also want to watch:
The awards are free to enter and John Lee, Leader of the Conservative Group at NNDC, said it was a chance for businesses to showcase their successes.
John Rest, Leader of the Independent Group at NNDC, said: 'I would encourage all local businesses of all sizes to enter the awards. A lot of very hard work goes into running a business, and not only will your staff appreciate the recognition given just by entering, your customers and clients will be proud to associate with you.'
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 9 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
The winners will be unveiled at an awards ceremony hosted by Chris Sargisson, Chief Executive of Norfolk Chamber of Commerce, in February, with a closing date of January 6 for entries.
Lovewell Blake is the latest name to join the roster of sponsors, supporting the Agriculture, Horticulture and Countryside category.
The full list of sponsors is Eastlaw, the Fakenham & Wells Times, Lovewell Blake, Menta, New Anglia LEP, the North Norfolk News and Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
The full list of categories is Agriculture, Horticulture & Countryside; Business Growth; Environment; Innovation; New Business; Small Business; Tourism and Hospitality; and Young People and Skills.
to enter, visit www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/nnba