Resurfacing work on Station Approach, Sheringham, temporarily suspended
- Credit: Lesley Buckley
The resurfacing of a main Sheringham road has been temporarily suspended due to issues with materials.
The resurfacing work on Station Approach has been delayed as the new asphalt was found to be subsiding in an area where a utility trench had recently been dug.
The suspension of the surfacing work is to allow investigations into the cause of the problem.
This issue needs to be rectified before the work can be completed.
In the meantime the road will be open to traffic but there will be a temporary road surface with raised covers and no road-markings.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk County Council is urging drivers to take extra care when using this road, or to find an alternative route if possible.
The council would like to thank people for their patience while these investigations are carried out.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast