Resurfacing work on Station Approach, Sheringham, temporarily suspended
- Credit: Lesley Buckley
The resurfacing of a main Sheringham road has been temporarily suspended due to issues with materials.
The resurfacing work on Station Approach has been delayed as the new asphalt was found to be subsiding in an area where a utility trench had recently been dug.
The suspension of the surfacing work is to allow investigations into the cause of the problem.
This issue needs to be rectified before the work can be completed.
In the meantime the road will be open to traffic but there will be a temporary road surface with raised covers and no road-markings.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk County Council is urging drivers to take extra care when using this road, or to find an alternative route if possible.
The council would like to thank people for their patience while these investigations are carried out.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney