Resurfacing work on Station Approach, Sheringham, temporarily suspended
- Credit: Lesley Buckley
The resurfacing of a main Sheringham road has been temporarily suspended due to issues with materials.
The resurfacing work on Station Approach has been delayed as the new asphalt was found to be subsiding in an area where a utility trench had recently been dug.
The suspension of the surfacing work is to allow investigations into the cause of the problem.
This issue needs to be rectified before the work can be completed.
In the meantime the road will be open to traffic but there will be a temporary road surface with raised covers and no road-markings.
The Norfolk County Council is urging drivers to take extra care when using this road, or to find an alternative route if possible.
The council would like to thank people for their patience while these investigations are carried out.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 3 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death