Couple celebrate 60th anniversary on same day as Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham couple are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary on the same day that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting married.
Stanley Osler and Wendy Spinks were married on May 17, 1958, at St Nicholas church, North Walsham.
The couple, from Cradlewood Road, have lived and worked all their lives in the north Norfolk town.
Mr Osler was a builder while his wife was a cook.
They will mark the occasion with an afternoon tea buffet on Saturday, May 19 at the Sea Marge hotel in Overstrand.
You may also want to watch:
Family will be travelling from across the county and they will be celebrating with their son Kevin, daughter Jane and four grandchildren, Ellie, Josh, Dan and Evie-Mae and great granddaughter Cici, who at seven-months-old, is the fourth generation in the family.
They will also receive an official letter from The Queen congratulating them on their diamond anniversary.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country