Stalham’s refurbished Post Office will open for extra 13 hours a week
- Credit: Google Street View
The Post Office in Stalham will be undergoing a major modernisation this month in a move to make the branch more accessible for residents.
The building will close for refurbishment On February 28 at 12 noon, and will officially open on Friday, March 16 at 1pm.
The new services will include three modern full-screened counters, a wider selection of on demand travel money added, and banking services for personal customers and small businesses.
The upgrade will also see an extra 13 hours opening hours a week, as well as an end to lunch time and early closing schedules.
The opening hours of the branch at 41 High Street, Stalham will now be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday,
You may also want to watch:
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office Area Manager, said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
Whilst the work is carried out, the nearest branches are the Catfield Post Office in Catfield and the Wroxham Post Office at The Broads Centre in Hoveton.