Stalham’s refurbished Post Office will open for extra 13 hours a week
- Credit: Google Street View
The Post Office in Stalham will be undergoing a major modernisation this month in a move to make the branch more accessible for residents.
The building will close for refurbishment On February 28 at 12 noon, and will officially open on Friday, March 16 at 1pm.
The new services will include three modern full-screened counters, a wider selection of on demand travel money added, and banking services for personal customers and small businesses.
The upgrade will also see an extra 13 hours opening hours a week, as well as an end to lunch time and early closing schedules.
The opening hours of the branch at 41 High Street, Stalham will now be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday,
You may also want to watch:
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office Area Manager, said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
- 1 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 9 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
Whilst the work is carried out, the nearest branches are the Catfield Post Office in Catfield and the Wroxham Post Office at The Broads Centre in Hoveton.