Stalham’s refurbished Post Office will open for extra 13 hours a week
- Credit: Google Street View
The Post Office in Stalham will be undergoing a major modernisation this month in a move to make the branch more accessible for residents.
The building will close for refurbishment On February 28 at 12 noon, and will officially open on Friday, March 16 at 1pm.
The new services will include three modern full-screened counters, a wider selection of on demand travel money added, and banking services for personal customers and small businesses.
The upgrade will also see an extra 13 hours opening hours a week, as well as an end to lunch time and early closing schedules.
The opening hours of the branch at 41 High Street, Stalham will now be from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday,
Peter Wilkinson, Post Office Area Manager, said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
Whilst the work is carried out, the nearest branches are the Catfield Post Office in Catfield and the Wroxham Post Office at The Broads Centre in Hoveton.