Stalham fundraising attempt
A charity event is being held to help a Stalham woman who is cycling round Kenya to raise money for a cancer charity.
Mandy Mayes, 45, is competing in the gruelling Women V Cancer 300-mile cycle ride race to help raise money for three cancer charities, Breast Cancer Care, Ovarian Cancer Action and Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust .
The race will see 80 women from across the UK cycling nearly 300 miles across Kenya in November this year.
To help raise money for the ride, Mrs Mayes held an autumn ball last October at the Sutton Staithe Hotel, selling out the 220 tickets for the event.
The ball helped her rise more than the �2,800 needed, with the last total count raised being �2, 863.88
You may also want to watch:
But she plans to keep going and hopes to raise as much as she can.
Now she is holding a charity event with the Booze Brothers Band at the Sutton Staithe hotel in Stalham, on July 2 to raise funds, adding to the �3,000 she has raised so far.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
She said: 'I have never been abroad without my family before so this is all very new to me but I know that I will do this and somehow finish this cycle ride as it is a personal challenge to me and for my family.'
Mrs Mayes, 45, has a sister Jackie Rodreugiuz, 49, who now lives in America and who has fought ovarian cancer in the past, and their brother, Jimmy Griffiths, died the day after his 21st birthday, after being diagnosed with cancer when he was 16.
Tickets are available from Mandy Mayes 01692 582937 and Steve Mayes on 07511656561.