North Norfolk clinic first to offer ‘life changing’ new tinnitus treatment
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk clinic has become the first in the county to deliver a new treatment for tinnitus.
Broadland Hearing Care, in Stalham, is now licensed to offer tinnitus desensitisation therapy (TDT) to Norfolk's estimated 70,000 sufferers.
TDT was designed by The Tinnitus Clinic, the leading provider of treatment for the condition in the UK, and involves bespoke therapies for invasive tinnitus patients.
Tinnitus is the sensation of continuous sound, with no external source.
The aim of the treatment is for the brain to filter the out perception of the sound.
You may also want to watch:
Audiologist Barry Jones, said: 'Bringing TDT to this region means thousands of sufferers can now access life changing treatment.
'It affects 30pc of people at some point in their lives.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Special report: Future of Holt Hall hangs in balance ahead of recommendation to close it
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road
'It's a common myth that people just 'have to live with tinnitus'. But this simply isn't true.'
Patients can self-refer to the clinic or be referred by a GP or healthcare professional.