North Norfolk clinic first to offer ‘life changing’ new tinnitus treatment
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk clinic has become the first in the county to deliver a new treatment for tinnitus.
Broadland Hearing Care, in Stalham, is now licensed to offer tinnitus desensitisation therapy (TDT) to Norfolk's estimated 70,000 sufferers.
TDT was designed by The Tinnitus Clinic, the leading provider of treatment for the condition in the UK, and involves bespoke therapies for invasive tinnitus patients.
Tinnitus is the sensation of continuous sound, with no external source.
The aim of the treatment is for the brain to filter the out perception of the sound.
You may also want to watch:
Audiologist Barry Jones, said: 'Bringing TDT to this region means thousands of sufferers can now access life changing treatment.
'It affects 30pc of people at some point in their lives.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 6 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 10 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
'It's a common myth that people just 'have to live with tinnitus'. But this simply isn't true.'
Patients can self-refer to the clinic or be referred by a GP or healthcare professional.