North Norfolk clinic first to offer ‘life changing’ new tinnitus treatment
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk clinic has become the first in the county to deliver a new treatment for tinnitus.
Broadland Hearing Care, in Stalham, is now licensed to offer tinnitus desensitisation therapy (TDT) to Norfolk's estimated 70,000 sufferers.
TDT was designed by The Tinnitus Clinic, the leading provider of treatment for the condition in the UK, and involves bespoke therapies for invasive tinnitus patients.
Tinnitus is the sensation of continuous sound, with no external source.
The aim of the treatment is for the brain to filter the out perception of the sound.
You may also want to watch:
Audiologist Barry Jones, said: 'Bringing TDT to this region means thousands of sufferers can now access life changing treatment.
'It affects 30pc of people at some point in their lives.
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s
'It's a common myth that people just 'have to live with tinnitus'. But this simply isn't true.'
Patients can self-refer to the clinic or be referred by a GP or healthcare professional.