Stalham charity auction success
These are pictures of a charity auction in Stalham which managed to raise nearly �2,000.
Elizabeth Fitzroy Support's charity auction of celebrity donated items on Bank Holiday Monday was a great success raising �1,737 towards a much needed extension for the eight tenants of their Allen Meale Way Service in Stalham.
Among the lots on offer were items including a signed Eastenders script signed by actor June Brown, who plays Dot Cotton, and signed photos of footballer Teddy Sherringham.
The event took place in St Mary's Church, Stalham and was conducted by Nigel Horner-Glister of Horners Auctioneers, Acle. Every item was sold, including two nine foot cinema advertising boards.
A round of applause rang out when the a bottle of House of Commons Merlot signed by deputy prime minister, Nick Clegg, achieved �110. Again, applause was heard when the tea at the House of Commons with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb achieved �150.
You may also want to watch:
Auction organiser, Penny Camish said, 'There was a great atmosphere and people appeared to really enjoy themselves. There were many supporters who had never been to an auction before, but that didn't stop them spending their money. Nigel did a wonderful job, making it light-hearted and fun for all. The 10 months it took me to organise the whole event has been well worth the effort and I cannot thank everyone enough for their support - from those who donated to those who bought, and, of course, everyone who gave their time.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake