Stalham charity auction success
These are pictures of a charity auction in Stalham which managed to raise nearly �2,000.
Elizabeth Fitzroy Support's charity auction of celebrity donated items on Bank Holiday Monday was a great success raising �1,737 towards a much needed extension for the eight tenants of their Allen Meale Way Service in Stalham.
Among the lots on offer were items including a signed Eastenders script signed by actor June Brown, who plays Dot Cotton, and signed photos of footballer Teddy Sherringham.
The event took place in St Mary's Church, Stalham and was conducted by Nigel Horner-Glister of Horners Auctioneers, Acle. Every item was sold, including two nine foot cinema advertising boards.
A round of applause rang out when the a bottle of House of Commons Merlot signed by deputy prime minister, Nick Clegg, achieved �110. Again, applause was heard when the tea at the House of Commons with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb achieved �150.
You may also want to watch:
Auction organiser, Penny Camish said, 'There was a great atmosphere and people appeared to really enjoy themselves. There were many supporters who had never been to an auction before, but that didn't stop them spending their money. Nigel did a wonderful job, making it light-hearted and fun for all. The 10 months it took me to organise the whole event has been well worth the effort and I cannot thank everyone enough for their support - from those who donated to those who bought, and, of course, everyone who gave their time.'
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme