Stalham charity auction success
These are pictures of a charity auction in Stalham which managed to raise nearly �2,000.
Elizabeth Fitzroy Support's charity auction of celebrity donated items on Bank Holiday Monday was a great success raising �1,737 towards a much needed extension for the eight tenants of their Allen Meale Way Service in Stalham.
Among the lots on offer were items including a signed Eastenders script signed by actor June Brown, who plays Dot Cotton, and signed photos of footballer Teddy Sherringham.
The event took place in St Mary's Church, Stalham and was conducted by Nigel Horner-Glister of Horners Auctioneers, Acle. Every item was sold, including two nine foot cinema advertising boards.
A round of applause rang out when the a bottle of House of Commons Merlot signed by deputy prime minister, Nick Clegg, achieved �110. Again, applause was heard when the tea at the House of Commons with north Norfolk MP Norman Lamb achieved �150.
Auction organiser, Penny Camish said, 'There was a great atmosphere and people appeared to really enjoy themselves. There were many supporters who had never been to an auction before, but that didn't stop them spending their money. Nigel did a wonderful job, making it light-hearted and fun for all. The 10 months it took me to organise the whole event has been well worth the effort and I cannot thank everyone enough for their support - from those who donated to those who bought, and, of course, everyone who gave their time.'
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 7 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 10 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast