Sporting triumph at North Norfolk school
A North Norfolk school is celebrating success in cross country, football and tag rugby tournaments.
In total, 75 children between years three and six, represented Millfield Primary School in North Walsham, in the Norfolk Junior Schools' Area Cross Country Championships.
The year six boys team won first place overall and a pupil from year four won a medal for coming second overall. Also five, year six children qualified for the next stage, which is the county finals tournament.
In football, Millfield was at the top of league as they went through to the finals for the Champion's League mixed five a side tournament, which was run by the Community Sports Foundation.
Millfield missed out on the last minute of the final game against Attleborough, which put Millfield fifth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Another sporting success was in the County Finals Tag Rugby Tournament. The children played five games throughout the day and were placed in the second tier of a four tier grouping, which consisted of six teams in each. After winning four games and drawing one the children won their tier group placing them seventh overall.
- 1 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 2 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 9 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link