Sporting triumph at North Norfolk school
A North Norfolk school is celebrating success in cross country, football and tag rugby tournaments.
In total, 75 children between years three and six, represented Millfield Primary School in North Walsham, in the Norfolk Junior Schools' Area Cross Country Championships.
The year six boys team won first place overall and a pupil from year four won a medal for coming second overall. Also five, year six children qualified for the next stage, which is the county finals tournament.
In football, Millfield was at the top of league as they went through to the finals for the Champion's League mixed five a side tournament, which was run by the Community Sports Foundation.
Millfield missed out on the last minute of the final game against Attleborough, which put Millfield fifth overall.
Another sporting success was in the County Finals Tag Rugby Tournament. The children played five games throughout the day and were placed in the second tier of a four tier grouping, which consisted of six teams in each. After winning four games and drawing one the children won their tier group placing them seventh overall.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 House of Gucci - the Norfolk connection