Sponsored walk raises pounds
A 16-year-old north Norfolk student has put his best foot forward organising a sponsored walk for this year's Children In Need event.
Pudsey Bear was on hand to wave off the Big Walk event around Pigney's Wood on Sunday in aid of this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.
The 4km stewarded woodland walk, with a minimum �1 donation to take part, was organised by Paston College student Jack Wardle, from North Walsham, with around 65- 70 people taking part.
In total �180 was raised.
Jack, who raised almost �700 for the cause with a fun run in North Walsham last year, said: 'I enjoy fundraising and I think Children in Need is a really good cause so I am really happy with what we managed to raise.'
This year's Children in Need TV fundraising marathon is on Friday, November 19.
Are you organising an event for Children in Need? Let our newsdesk know about it on 01263 512732.
- 1 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 2 New woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Norfolk town
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 See inside 'stylish' barn conversion for sale in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man dressed as Henry VIII launches special Jubilee railway
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Guide to North Norfolk events
- 10 Neighbourhood plan takes another step forward