Sponsored walk raises pounds
A 16-year-old north Norfolk student has put his best foot forward organising a sponsored walk for this year's Children In Need event.
Pudsey Bear was on hand to wave off the Big Walk event around Pigney's Wood on Sunday in aid of this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.
The 4km stewarded woodland walk, with a minimum �1 donation to take part, was organised by Paston College student Jack Wardle, from North Walsham, with around 65- 70 people taking part.
In total �180 was raised.
Jack, who raised almost �700 for the cause with a fun run in North Walsham last year, said: 'I enjoy fundraising and I think Children in Need is a really good cause so I am really happy with what we managed to raise.'
You may also want to watch:
This year's Children in Need TV fundraising marathon is on Friday, November 19.
Are you organising an event for Children in Need? Let our newsdesk know about it on 01263 512732.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown