Sponsored walk raises pounds
A 16-year-old north Norfolk student has put his best foot forward organising a sponsored walk for this year's Children In Need event.
Pudsey Bear was on hand to wave off the Big Walk event around Pigney's Wood on Sunday in aid of this year's BBC Children in Need appeal.
The 4km stewarded woodland walk, with a minimum �1 donation to take part, was organised by Paston College student Jack Wardle, from North Walsham, with around 65- 70 people taking part.
In total �180 was raised.
Jack, who raised almost �700 for the cause with a fun run in North Walsham last year, said: 'I enjoy fundraising and I think Children in Need is a really good cause so I am really happy with what we managed to raise.'
This year's Children in Need TV fundraising marathon is on Friday, November 19.
Are you organising an event for Children in Need? Let our newsdesk know about it on 01263 512732.
- 1 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 2 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 3 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 6 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 7 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 8 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 9 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways