Sponsored walk in Sheringham
A toddler who has been battling a rare illness is set to take part in a sponsored walk around Sheringham - and people are being encouraged to join in.
Angelina Mills from Gresham, who is two, suffers from a rare condition called sturge-weber syndrome which left her with a port wine stain on her face, epilepsy, bodily weakness and learning delay, features in the third episode set to be shown on Thursday, May 19, which focuses on the human brain.
In a bid to stop seizures caused by the epilepsy she had an operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital last June, which involved disconnecting the outer layer of the affected right half of her brain.
Angelina and her family are set to take part in a sponsored two-mile walk, with Angelina walking the two miles independently, on Friday, June 17, raising money for Sturge-Weber UK.
The walk will start at Sheringham town clock at 10.30am and then follow a route through the town, up to Beeston Common and then back around the town. There will be check points at Beeston Common and Sheringham Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Banners, created by Graphic Edge in Sheringham, will be displayed along the route and the family will also be wearing t-shirts with Angelina on the front created by Martin Greenland from Norwich-based LogoWear clothing,
Brights in Sheringham have also helped out by printing and laminating all the posters for the event.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 5 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
The walk has been organised both to celebrate Angelina's second birthday which took place on June 2 and also a year since her surgery on June 24.
To sponsor Angelina, visit www.justgiving.com/angelinamills