Blickling walk in memory of husbands
- Credit: Archant
Two friends have organised a sponsored walk at the Blickling Estate in memory of their husbands who died of rare forms of cancer.
Judith Banks, 76, from Saxthorpe, and Angela Hunter, 57, from Sheringham, hope to raise about £3,000 for Cancer Research UK.
The Revd Michael Banks was 78 when he died in July 2018 while Leigh Hunter was 57 when he died in June 2015.
The friends want to raise awareness and money so that others in the future won't suffer the pain and anguish that patients and family members experience. And they said the Blickling Estate was a therapeutic haven that helped them and their partners relax in hard times.
Spring march for cancer charities is on Saturday, March 9, from 11.30am. There will be three routes, 7km, 3km, and a shorter route for wheelchair or disabled participants.
for tickets, go to www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/spring-march-for-cancer-charities-tickets-55018945146
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 4 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 5 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named