Blickling walk in memory of husbands
- Credit: Archant
Two friends have organised a sponsored walk at the Blickling Estate in memory of their husbands who died of rare forms of cancer.
Judith Banks, 76, from Saxthorpe, and Angela Hunter, 57, from Sheringham, hope to raise about £3,000 for Cancer Research UK.
The Revd Michael Banks was 78 when he died in July 2018 while Leigh Hunter was 57 when he died in June 2015.
The friends want to raise awareness and money so that others in the future won't suffer the pain and anguish that patients and family members experience. And they said the Blickling Estate was a therapeutic haven that helped them and their partners relax in hard times.
Spring march for cancer charities is on Saturday, March 9, from 11.30am. There will be three routes, 7km, 3km, and a shorter route for wheelchair or disabled participants.
for tickets, go to www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/spring-march-for-cancer-charities-tickets-55018945146
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?