Swimming pool to remain closed following storm damage
A leisure centre's swimming pool will remain closed in the coming weeks as repair work is carried out to damage caused by high winds.
Following a survey of the Splash pool in Sheringham, remedial work will also be carried out to ensure users can continue to enjoy the centre until the new pool opens in 2021.
Sarah Bütikofer, leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: "We apologise for the inconvenience this prolonged closure may cause to families and regular users of the swimming pool but our priority has to be the safety of the public and our staff.
"This is a building which is coming to the end of its life and is displaying many of the problems associated with ageing infrastructure."
Other services at Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre remain open as normal.
You may also want to watch:
The pool was forced to shut after a roof panel fell off during storm damage on Sunday, February 9.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car