Swimming pool to remain closed following storm damage
A leisure centre's swimming pool will remain closed in the coming weeks as repair work is carried out to damage caused by high winds.
Following a survey of the Splash pool in Sheringham, remedial work will also be carried out to ensure users can continue to enjoy the centre until the new pool opens in 2021.
Sarah Bütikofer, leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: "We apologise for the inconvenience this prolonged closure may cause to families and regular users of the swimming pool but our priority has to be the safety of the public and our staff.
"This is a building which is coming to the end of its life and is displaying many of the problems associated with ageing infrastructure."
Other services at Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre remain open as normal.
You may also want to watch:
The pool was forced to shut after a roof panel fell off during storm damage on Sunday, February 9.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats