Children’s charity to benefit from raffle to celebrate 50 years
- Credit: Ann Holden
A special raffle in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each) will be held in north Norfolk to celebrate 50 years of the Arts Society.
Patricia Spencer, study days organiser, The Arts Society Glaven Valley Norfolk, said: 'One of our events is a special raffle. Prizes include gifts from Morston Hall and Benedict's restaurant, Norwich.
'The proceeds from this raffle will be for Each and we shall present the cheque to a representative from the charity on September 18.
'This will be held in the afternoon at Cley village hall, where our members will be enjoying tea and a piece of celebratory cake. This is a very special event.'
The Arts Society Glaven Valley was founded as Glaven Valley DFAS (decorative and fine arts society) in 1989 and has about 270 members. It meets in the afternoon on the third Tuesday of each month except July, August and December, normally in Cley.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents