Spate of vandalism in North Walsham
Vandals have damaged fences, garden walls, trees and windows in a spate of incidents throughout North Walsham.
Police say they received 22 reports of criminal damage offences, many committed at weekends, over a four-week period between January 24 and February 20.
Roads affected are Market Place, Kings Arms Street, Melbourne Road, Plantation Road and Bainbridge Close.
Officers are urging residents to be vigilant. North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) Inspector Matthew Dyson said: 'Criminal damage is classed as volume crime but causes distress and inconvenience to all those affected.
'We're committed to tackling neighbourhood issues such as this and I would encourage members of the community to support police action by reporting offences or suspicious behaviour to the team.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should ring the SNT on 0845 456 4567. To report a crime in progress call 999.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall